Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES)
PerkinElmer Optima 7000DV
Model: PerkinElmer Optima 7000DV
Location: 017 Brauer Hall
Description: ICP-OES makes use of the fact that the atoms of elements can take up energy from an Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP). They are thereby excited, and fall back into their ground state again emitting a characteristics radiation.
- Elemental analysis at mg/L and µg/L concentrations.
- Higher tolerance for TDS (up to 30%).
- Fast elemental analysis method capable of testing large sample batches in a short period.
- More robust for analyzing ground water, wastewater, soil, and solid waste.
- Analysis of fluid produced after flooding tests.
- Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC).
|Per hour rate||Trained user||By our service|
|Other departments at WUSTL||$25||$100|